Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a Blue Seal Letter?

Please send a letter request via fax (212-854-9975) or email ([email protected]) with the following information:

  • Name
  • Department
  • Tenure Status
  • Travel Dates and Requested Permissions
  • Contact Information

How do I obtain information on the University Trustees for a grant or official filing?

Please visit our background page located within the section entitled "The Trustees of Columbia University." An official list and official biographies can be found in this section.


Where can I submit a nomination for the University's Honors and Prizes or for the Medal for Excellence?

Please visit our the Honors and Prizes section of our website.  More information regarding the process, background, and form for nominating candidates can be found in this section.

I have a question regarding my appointment letter. Who can speak with?

Any questions regarding academic appointment letters may be directed to Pearl Spiro, Associate Provost for Academic Appointments (408 Low Library, 854-3813 or via email at: [email protected]).